Top 15 Quit Smoking Tips
1) Focus on quitting one day at a time. Do not concern yourself with next year, next month, next week or even tomorrow. Concentrate on not smoking from the time you wake up until you go to sleep.
2) Drink lots of water. Make sure your fridge is always stocked and that you take water with you when you’re on-the-go.
3) Get your teeth cleaned and/or whitened.
4) It's great to have some gum or mints handy to keep your mouth and breath fresh and clean.
5) Avoid caffeinated beverages like coffee and soda, and avoid alcoholic drinks.
6) Enjoy healthy snacks like carrots, celery, fruits, and sugar-free snacks.
7) Drink plenty of fruit juice the first week. It will help flush nicotine out of your system.
8) It's always helpful to have a Harmless Cigarette handy is always to keep your hands and mouth occupied and help overcome cravings when they come up.
9) Wash or dry-clean your clothes and have your car cleaned inside and out to get rid of the smell of cigarettes.
10) Have the carpet, draperies, bed sheets and other fabrics inside your home cleaned and deodorized to remove the lingering smell of cigarette smoke.
11) For some time, try to stay away from places where there will be smoking: like bars, nightclubs and the outdoor areas of restaurants that allow smoking.
12) Practice deep breathing exercises when you have a craving.
13) Become physically active, whether it’s at a gym, with friends or on your own. Something as simple and easy as walking will help greatly.
14) Be proud that you are not smoking. Feel great that you can use a safe and natural alternative without the harmful effect of smoking.
15) Save the money you usually spend on cigarettes and buy yourself something you really want after a week or a month. Save for a year and you can treat yourself to a vacation.